09/10/2011

Boy of Desire






















How Chanel can create a bag that is so authentically new and controversial to what we know as Chanel, but manages to retain even more of the Chanel DNA is beyond me. The new Boy Chanel is their latest, an androgynous shaped, no frills, tough hardware piece that for me is more me than I could have known. Inspired by Boy Capel, the great love of Coco's life, which, incidentally, explains why the new bag is called the Boy Chanel.

The design was influenced by the cartridge bag that was originally made for hunters and was carried by Madame Chanel herself, the Boy comes in three varying sizes and in practical, no-nonsense shades of red, black, grey, green and ivory.

I have already started the leg work on the boy, hopefully just in time for Christmas. In my dreams I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment